Learn how to remove the Leave a Reply comments section from the bottom of posts/pages.
- Go to the page/post edit screen.
- Scroll down towards the bottom of the page and you will see 2 check boxes under the Discussion meta box for allowing comments and trackbacks. You can uncheck these, then update your page/post to remove the comment fields.
- If you don’t see the Discussion meta box it may be hidden by default. Go to the very top right of the edit screen and you will see a Screen Options tab. Click to expand, then make sure the Discussion check box is selected.
Remove Comments for New Posts & Pages
Above you learned how to remove comments for a single page/post. Here’s how to remove comments for ALL newly created pages/posts.
- Go to Settings > Discussion in the WordPress admin.
- Uncheck Allow people to post comments on new articles and save. This will turn off comments for all new pages/posts.